Total Pageviews

Tuesday 29 May 2012

May 26-27 2012 - Caroline's adventure

Taxi service Tarka here...

Good day all; this trip involved taking Caroline and Hank to Plumber Cove, the marine part just off Gibson, B.C.

This was Caroline first ever! solo camping trip!... she slept in the tent, while Hank stayed abroad me. Caroline wanted to do something very different and experience camping on her own... complete with an open pit fire, which may I add, she started herself! She braved the elements and wildlife on her own. complete with her ipad, blow up air mattress, and wine.

Her campsite had a great view of Gibson and the dock where I am moored. I understand that she kept the campfire going all night long (well at least until midnight).



The next day, Caroline and Hank went for a leisure walk through the park. This park is something to be seen... great trails, views and interesting beaches. Matter of fact they ran into a wrecked sailboat, wash up unto the shore sometime ago. It looked sad in a way, but at least she is in a place where she belongs... the ocean. Most boats get chipped up and go to a dumping ground... at least she is resting in peace on the shores of her life.

We sailed / motored back home, came to rest into my slip... waiting for me new adventure.

I understand from Hank, that he is going to install a boom prevent er soon and maybe a silencer on my air intake. Nice addition... keeps me quite and stops my boom doing an accidental jib.

Well talkin to ya after my next adventure.

Tarka

more pictures of Caroline's camping







Caroline's camping

No comments:

Post a Comment