Total Pageviews

Tuesday 15 May 2012

May 13, 2012 - Sailpast

Our yearly sail-past was something to be seen; unfortunately Hank's camera was missing the SD card,,, so no pictures again.. :(

If you could image... over 60 sailboats and 40 power boats in a single line...some site to be seen.

Winds were perfect for this occasion. However, Hank decided to only put up my main sail, as there were so many boats going in every direction. My summer headsail comes down to the rails, so you can not see past it. Good thing he did because I would hate to collide with another boat.

This was my first sail-past with Hank and Caroline.

Hank spent a lot of time cleaning up my starboard side for this occasion, as this is the side they normally past by the Commodore's boat on the starboard side. He took some time to install the my new windows on the starboard side (port side are not done yet). However, due to the wind direction... we pasted on the port side :(.

Oh well, I still look good on the port side too!

We ended up rafting with Lopeka at the Yacht club. Caroline and Hank had lunch and heard the Commodore's speeches.

another sail-past done!

No comments:

Post a Comment