Total Pageviews

Monday 7 May 2012

May 05 2012 - Stag Race to Elliott Bay

 Well another stag race and adventure is behind us. Hank and his friend, Dave Bowman set sail for this year's Spring Stag Race. Long side was my sailing companion "Serenity Now", sailed by her dad Aaron and crew mate Kaya. Six sailboats in total, set sail for Elliott bay. Nice light following winds, was the perfect conditions to try out my kite.... worked great after a lot of deck work on Hank's part. The kite was in the sock, but Hank found out a lot more about kite flying... Only one halyard forward of the fore-stay, not two; you need two lines to fly the kite, not one. Once up and untangled, to worked great!
My kite flying high
Dave Bowman at the helm
Starting dinner
Dave was my skipper and Hank ran the sheets.

We arrived at Elliott bay around 3:00 pm (4 hour sail). Hank and the rest of the stag racer relaxed around the BBQ, had dinner and drinks, while I rested long side my friend "Serenity Now", and a new sailing friend "Wild Winds".

After a cool night's sleep, my crew was readied... we set sail for home... moderate winds under sunny skies.
Tarka, with 160 Summer sails
 
by Gary Wildman
Moored at home again, waiting for this coming weekend... going on the Club's sail-past and then off to Gibson... home of the Beachcomber's TV series back in the 70's.
A sunset moment

No comments:

Post a Comment