Total Pageviews

Saturday 21 December 2013

December 19, 2013 - Oil change complete

Still laying here in the cold...

Hank came by today to change my engine oil and filter. The last time Hank was over, my oil transfer pump broke, Richard tried to make repairs but it is still broken. Hank borrowed another pump from Richard to complete the job.

After 15 minutes of warming me up for the oil extraction / replacement, the job was completed without any problems. I now have a complete oil and filter change good for another 50 hours... but Hank replaced my oil filter with a different brand and size. My old filter was a Kutoba now replaced with a Baldwin. The Kubota filters can only be purchased in Richmond where they sell Kuboto parts, this is about a 2 hour trip, so Hank opted for a locally purchased one, well ok... borrowed from Aaron. :)

Kubota filter on the left, Baldwin filter on the right.

You can see from the photo the difference in canister size. It should work, as Hank changes my oil every 50 hours or so, so size doesn't matter I hope.
Kubota filter is on the left, Baldwin filter on the right

Now sleeping in the cold again... it snowed today (Dec 20), great eh!

Tarka out.


No comments:

Post a Comment