Total Pageviews

Monday 12 December 2011

December 10 2011 - Overnight stay at Snug Cove

Yup, it is winter, cold!.

Hank called Snug Cove to see if there was room for us... We are the only ones checked in since Thanksgiving, lots of room. They stated not to be alarm with all the white stuff on the wharf, looks like snow, but not to worry, it is only frost...lots of it. When we arrived, sure enough, lots of frost! I kept thinking... I am a sailboat, NOT an icebreaker. :)

It took both of my electric heaters to keep Caroline and Hank warm that night,. However, in the morning, the temperature warmed up a bit, just above freezing and the beautiful frost was melting away.

Oh ya, remember, a few weeks ago, Hank fixed the leak in my cabin ceiling... he used spray foam to seal the large hole.... well it worked great!, but now I have lost a bit of head room in my cabin. Apparently, the foam expanded a lot, enough to push the fiberglass ceiling down. I think Hank has now learnt the hard way, only to use the foam spray sparingly. Finishing the ceiling off will now be a major chore. Oh well, live and learn.

Not much happened at Snug Cove... a lunch at Doc Morgan, a walk about, dinner at the sushi bar, rented a movie, breakfast at the Snug Cafe, and a nice motor home (no wind).

Arrived home... Hank reinstalled the snow fence to keep the otter from visiting me. It does not look very nice, but works really well so far. :)



Tarka sitting by... ready for her next sail.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment