Total Pageviews

Sunday 20 November 2011

Nov 15 - 17 2011 - Time away with Aaron at Bowen Island

With my engine repaired, oil changed, fluids up... we set sail for a short trip to Bowen Island with Aaron in his new sailboat "Serenity Now" as company.

On the sail over, we ran into hundreds of Pacific Dolphins. Dolphins everywhere, going in every direction. While Hank was filming Aaron, he noticed that a sea-lion surfaced at Serenity's stern, dolphins seemed to be all over him. The sea-lion surfaced the second time, with his large flipper exposed, seemingly to ask Aaron for help. He surfaced a third time, then he was gone.

Hank check the web, and found that dolphins do eat sea-lion on occasion. Humm, maybe they were wearing him out before the kill. Wish the sea-lion best of luck.



We moored at our old slip at Snug Cove (A07); the dock was frozen! so a cold night tonight. Hank and Aaron when out for dinner, then watched a movie with me. It took two electric heaters to keep them warm!

That night the winds and rain where very strong... so Hank and Aaron decided not to sail the next day.

I just laid around with Serenity Now, with nothing to do, but wait for the rain / snow to stop

Hank found a few more leaks in my cabin roof... where my old instrumentation wires when through the ceiling. Oh well, he likes working on me :)

Sailed home on Thursday.... as we came into my slip at home, we found it was completely plugged with logs. Hank had to clear out the logs before I could be moored.

Now sitting at dock once again, waiting for my next adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment