Total Pageviews

Wednesday 9 November 2011

Nov 08 2011 - on the "Hard"

Some phrase eh..."on the hard"... meaning... your vessel is in dry dock. At first, I didn't like that phrase, on the hard, but now, being a boater... it makes sense to me.
Anyway...
Hank finally took me to the yacht club for my hull cleaning... looking forward to this, as I know I have a few pounds of mussels growing at the bottom of my keel.

Richard Grass came over and helped out... great guy to say the least. My hull was power washed, mussels removed, and they added one additional zinc near my brass propeller. However, they did not paint my bottom this time. Hank could not get any bottom paint, plus it was raining so they could apply it anyway... next time eh!

Hank felt a bit better, knowing my bottom was clean and the all is well down there... zincs secured, propeller good, rudder is strong, through-hulls all looking good.

Hank lowered me into the water, without problems. Just we were going to sail / motor away, Richard mentioned that we should check the dripless bearing... I forgot all about this, as we have to open up the valve to allow the air to escape and water to come into the bearing! If not, 30 seconds later, would destroy my PSS bearing. Thanks to Richard!!

We motored home, tied up .... now waiting for my anti-freeze change over.

Til next time...

Oh ya... did you know that sea-gulls eat mussel whole! Yes, shell and all!!




Tarka

No comments:

Post a Comment