Total Pageviews

Thursday 15 September 2011

September 9-11, 2011 - Gibsons's Landing

Me again... Well, I took Hank and his friend Robert (from Gibson). Robert took the ferry over, just to get a ride back on me! nice eh!

The sail over was just OK, light winds and had to motor most of the way. We arrived after 2 hours, Hank had Robert call the marina on my new VFH radio. Robert never did that before, and wanted to try something new, I think he had a great time with it. :)

We stayed at A10 slip, not usually my side of the dock... when the tide went out, I could almost feel my keel sliding in the mud below.

Later in the day, I took the Robert and Hank of them for a ride around Keat's Island, and they even flew my jennaker! It was a great ride for them. At first, the winds and waves were great, but to a point that my passengers where getting uncomfortable with my heel, so Hank took us down wind from there. Going downwind has a lot less heel.

Caroline arrive the following day, by ferry.

We set sail on Sunday at noon, for home. We raced back with another boater friend we made... they won, but I think they used their engine... JUST not fair, eh!


Arrived safely home....

No comments:

Post a Comment