Total Pageviews

Thursday 29 September 2011

Sept 28, 2011 - Wednesday Race - last of the Fall Series

Hi all...

Looks like I'm going racing one last time this fall season... the last race. The weather was picture perfect, nice warm sunny evening with light winds... just perfect for Hank and me to do a one on one!

Hank spend the afternoon, working around the dock. Made a temporary companion way hatch cover out of plywood, to replace the acrylic one he broke, and finally stuff my jennaker into the new sock he got a month ago! Maybe we will get to use it this year!

Well, were off to the races at 5:00pm to arrive at the start line at 6:00pm. Nothing exciting except when we were approaching the windward mark, Hank had to slow me down!! We were on a collision course with another race boat coming up on our starboard side. Hank luffed my jib and finally had to maneuver to get behind the on coming race boat. This took a minute or two to get back on course. It's a great feeling that Hank finally is learning the rules of racing... who has right-of-way!

We rounded the mark, in "hot" pursuit to beat "Windsong"... my competition. As it was, we were second overall. Hank got a plastic mug for my efforts. Oh ya... only two boats were in my division. :) 

By the time we got home, the sun had sank into the ocean, and had to return with my running lights on. I'm always worried about sailing or motoring at night; as mention in my profile... logs are not good for my paint job, let alone my hull. But we got home and landed safety home...




Another racing season over..... :(

No comments:

Post a Comment