Total Pageviews

Monday 22 August 2011

Summer Touring

Another beautiful day in Vancouver... took my parents for a wonderful sail around the neighbor. Great winds, reaching up to 7.0 knots on a board reach. We tried to have a drink break at the yacht club, but the place was full, with no temporary moorage :(. Too bad, it is always great to be sitting next to those larger sailboats.
Caroline and Hank were not too happy to hear about the no moorage, but oh well, a great sail anyway.

Coming back into my new slip, we had too much speed and ran into the end of the slip. Now I need a bit of blue paint to cover the collision point. I guess it could of been worst, we could of had a audience, but luckily no one was around to see the grand entrance. It goes to show, even the best has the occasional mishap.

Sitting along side me, is Tarkie... I can see her bottom is getting a little green from sitting too long... hopefully Hank will take her out and clean her bottom soon.

Tarka signing out.............

No comments:

Post a Comment