Total Pageviews

Sunday 27 March 2011

W.V.Y.C. Snowflake Awards - Winter racing

Guess what! I sent Hank to the Awards Dinner to receive my award for being 3rd (again) in my division. I'm in division 5 at the moment; there are 5 Divisions in our Yacht Club, division 5 being the slowest sailboats. This Division has the highest handicap due to age, sail configuration, weight, etc. and do not fly any sails. I only race with working sails, no spinnaker, chutes, kites, etc.). I do have a  beautiful cruising chute, but Hank is not experienced enough to fly this sail in a racing situation. I'm sure Hank will get a lot more experience this cruising season.
Yup, I'm old and over weight, but I can still get out there and kick some stern. Wait until this season starts! No more thirds Hank! push me to the limits!!
I really pleased to hear that they presented Hank with a beautiful picture of "me" at the awards. I'm under full sails, running with the wind. I'm sure he will hang this award under my other award I won last fall. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment