Total Pageviews

Thursday 24 March 2011

March 23 2011 - Spinnaker mast pully replacement

I glad that Hank noticed that my spinnaker halyard was getting really beat up last year. It was a new halyard, and now it is all frayed. There is something wrong with the pulleys at the top of the mast, they were not following the movement with the spinnaker causing the halyard to jump out of the pulley. After a talk with Stewart, from Pro-Tech, it was found that the pulleys were mounted in the wrong spot on the mast. They needed to be moved and replaced! I'm always surprised why my previous owner(s) never made repairs. I am 38 years old!!

To make these repairs, Hank will have to get to the top of my mast... 60 ft high. That means that I would be going to the Club House to use the mast tower. To make a story short... once Hank was on top of the mast, he found the new shackles were too large to fit the mounting slots. Unfortunately, due to the falling tide and wrong fittings, He had abandon the repairs for another day.

Oh well, Richard  Grass Hank's sailing friend) and Hank had a great lunch at the Club. :) and a great motor home. We came across a sea otter and a harbor dolphin merrily swimming by.

No comments:

Post a Comment