Total Pageviews

Saturday 20 October 2018

Oct 14 2015... Monohull & Catamaran Course with Island Cruising located in Sidney, B.C., Canada.

I am relying on my memories from the photos / movies I have taken, I will do my best to recreate my experiences.

Before I could pursue my catamaran course, I needed to complete the basic ASA sailing courses.

Below are pictures of my first course... Sailing on s/v "Rio Dorado", a 40' Beneteau.

This is Rio Dorado's safety schematic I put together...

Our first sail out... going from Sidney, B.C., to Victoria... nice afternoon sail, We did have an incident, but was cleared up at Victoria... a learning experience. :(

Our trip down to Victoria.

Our instructor, Bill, showed us the ropes of sailing the 40ft Beneteau.

As you can see, we had lots of provisions for our trip.


Howard, the other student behind the helm.

Safety moored infront of the parliament buildings
arriving safety we camped out... having a nice dinner ashore with Bill, Larry, Howard and Howard's wife Vicky.
our sail to East Sooke Area... taught how to anchor for the evening.




on our way back to Sidney, we ran into a rain storm... if I recall, Vicky got very sea sick.

Motor / sailing back to Sidney... doing the basic Catamaran Course the following day.


        CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW TO VIEW MOVIE OF THIS TRIP

           MOVIE LINK



No comments:

Post a Comment