Total Pageviews

Monday 25 March 2013

March 25 2013 - Race preparation - bottom panting

Good Day readers...

Well now only 4 days left to get ready for the big race...

I am now sitting on the hard, on the elevator at my yacht club... West Vancouver Yacht Club, with a super clean and polished hull!!

As you can see from the pictures, I used need to bottom repainted. Coming over from my slip, I only managed to do 5.0 knots at 2200 rpm... not good, but now with my new bottom I should be able to get up to 6 knots or more.
Hull before cleaning

Hull after cleaning, painting and waxing


Keel before cleaning, note the collection of mussels.

After painting (only thing is that we cannot paint underneath my keel)

Before (nice eh!)

After cleaning and painting

before.....

after....

Finished stern

finished bow

Completely finished hull.

In addition, Hank install two new zincs, as my old ones were almost gone.

Hank has left me sitting on the elevator for 24 hours, to ensure that my bottom paint (Joton) has thoroughly cured.

All that is left to do is to refill the propane tank, minor deck painting, and stock up with food.

Below is the Website link to the Racing webpage, showing all race details.
CLICK HERE TO SEE "WVYC RACING WEBSITE"

Hank has added a link so you can track his race progress. The club now uses a transponder system, allowing anyone with access to the web, to monitor our racing location.
 CLICK HERE FOR THE "RACING TRACKING LINK"

my crew...
Jason Bowman
Alan Rothenbush
Ian Strang
and Hank

Well wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment