Total Pageviews

Friday 15 July 2011

Trip down to Gibson (from Secret Cove...

Well, this was a trip to remember. Extremely rough water and high winds; everything below was on the cabin floor, ripped our Canada and Dutch flag from my stays, broke the starboard spinnaker winch, motor overheated (but thanks to Hank, the problem was solved)
We traveled for just over 8 hours (should of only taken 5.5 hrs) One of our friends in a 42 ft Benteneau stayed with us, but the other fellow (Patrick from Gibson) turned back to Secret Cove.
Believed it or not, Caroline made lunch along the way... some trick eh! it was greatly received.
Caroline remained below in the protection of my cabin, during most to the trip... she even had a short nap!
We all arrived safety to Gibson. For me... I have seen all this before I'm sure... after 38 years of racing, I'm sure I've seen it all. For an old lady like me I can still hang in there... it's just Hank and Caroline are new to this type of weather... I'm glad I held together!!

Hank and Caroline were greeted by Robert McDonald at Gibson.... going for a well deserved dinner at Molley's Reach.

No comments:

Post a Comment