Total Pageviews

Sunday 2 November 2014

November 01, 2014 - Motored to Snug Cove

Well, finally got to get out and feel the salt water moving under my hull; Hank and Caroline took me to Snug Cove...just for a motor.
The weather was clear, sunny, but no wind. :(... Just as well, as Hank has taken most of my sailing gear off for the winter, leaving just the bare essentials for sailing. With the fall and winter up here in Vancouver, the weather gets really damp most of the time... in a week or two, my deck and lines get covered in green slime, mold, algae... so the more you take off, the better it will be in the spring.

We arrived finding most of the transient moorage empty, lots of room for us. We motored almost up to the office building. The cost is only $10.00 for day moorage, giving us access to water, power, and the lounge/washroom area.

Hank and Caroline when for a long walk around the area, then stopped for a afternoon beer and wine at Miksta :) Normally they would of gone to Doc Morgan's Pub, but found it was closed for the winter! too bad.

When they returned, Hank took my genoa sail down for the winter; now I really look naked... no lines, no sail, no cushions, no rear seat.

Motored home, docked without any trama. :)

Now resting again... but I understand that we will be going out for a two day trip next week. :)

Til then... Tarka OUT!


No comments:

Post a Comment