Total Pageviews

Friday 5 September 2014

September 04, 2014 - Strut inspection

Good day all,

Well today we're off to the yacht club to inspect what damage, if any, occurred to my shaft strut, due to the rope getting caught in the propeller.

Hank's greatest fear would be that when we motored to the yacht club (about 3/4 hr motor), the strut would break off, creating a major leak.

Hank's friend Murray, did making an underwater movie of the strut with his gopro camera... it looked OK, but Hank wanted peace of mind... hence taking me out of the water for a closer look.

Hank's brother Will, and his grandson Jake, came along for security... in case I sprung a leak, they were there to help.

Hank cleared the area for easy access to the shaft, had rags, hammer, lights, bars, large slotted screwdriver, all set just in case of a leak. In addition, instructions were given to Will how to deploy the anchor... VHF radio checked, emergency phone number checked... all set...off we went. Oh ya... with Tarkie tagging along behind.

We arrived at the yacht club lift without any problems what so ever!! :)

Up I went...

Found that all is 100% no problems, just a bit of mussels growing along my shaft, propeller and a bit along the bottom of my keel where Hank could not paint last time.




Since I was "up on the hard", Hank decided to power wash my black bottom and clean the water line strip.
My brother grandson, Jake

The boys went for a well deserved lunch at the club. Jake rowed little Tarkie to the dingy dock, placed her on the rack, covered her over with her winter blanket...then off for a sail.



We sailed around Passage Island... arriving home around 5:30pm.

All and all... a great day

Now resting in my slip, waiting for Hank to return and clean up the cabin.

Tarka out....










No comments:

Post a Comment