Total Pageviews

Friday 4 April 2014

April 03, 2014 - Tarka's haul-out

Today is the big day!!! getting my bottom cleaned. Last time my bottom was cleaned was on March 23, 2013.

Hank motored me around the day before, to help save time and less stress on getting me to the Yacht club on time for the lift.

The next day Hank arrived at 9:30am, got the lift prepared (he always pre-sets the holding arms, gets the blocking ready, paint, scraper, etc.). With the help of the yacht club employees, I was loading onto the lift... and up I went... no problems what so ever. :)

A few minutes later, Alan Rothenbush arrived.. he is going to help Hank clean my bottom!

Upon inspection they found a lot of mussels living on the bottom of my keel; this is the only area, that Hank cannot paint, as I sit on the lift in that location, see photos.

There were a few other mussels here and there, not nothing to serious. My propeller and shaft had a bit of barnacles.

Type location on mussels (where the keel sits on the blocks - can not paint there),

Mussels always around the old speed sensor


Barnacles on prop, causes a bit of vibration.

Again, hard to paint here
Before the cleaning





Alan Rothenbush loves cleaning the prop.






Now at home!
Motored back in the rain... work is all done for now.

resting for the next adventure.

Tarka Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment