Total Pageviews

Friday 23 August 2013

August 21-22 2013 - Sailing to Gibson B.C., Canada

Well, Hank is finally sailing! with full sails!
First time flying the staysail! works great!

It took almost 4 months for Hank to reuse his chest muscles to set my sails... feels good to use my sails again!

This adventure was going over to Gibson, to spend a day and evening with his friend Robert McDonald.

The sail over was GREAT! Hank even flew my brand new staysail; the one he purchased just before our intended Swiftsure Race out of Victoria. Needless to say,  my new sailed worked perfectly; a little more work on my crews part, as it requires adjustment when tacking. In addition, I think that my baby forestay has to go; my sails seem to hang up on it as I tack.

They assigned slip (B37) at Gibson... a bit tricky to land, but with the help of the locals, no problem. Gibson is no longer taking transient sailors, so Hank lucky to get a slip. Apparently, they are using slips vacated by resident sailors.

Hank was greeted by Robert a few minutes after arrival... dinner, drinks and showing of his new apartment were in order. The next day, Robert and Hank enjoyed breakfast at his favorite "hippie  restaurant".

My friend Robert McDonald (Mr. Gibson)
Set sail around lunch... leaving for Elliott Bay, to meet up with Gary Wildman and the rest of the West Vancouver Yacht club members. Lunch was served.

Great sail out of Elliott Bay and all the way home... maintaining a respectful 6 or more knots!

Now home again... going out tomorrow to ... where else... Snug Cove.

view looking up Collingwood Channel
On the leg home
So for now... Tarka out!














No comments:

Post a Comment