Total Pageviews

Tuesday 23 July 2013

July 23 2013 - Trip to Desolation Sound (10 day vacation for Hank)... Part 1

Well this is a first! Hank is now posting an adventure that HE went to, WITHOUT ME!


9:00 pm - sunset - motoring to Lund
My sailboat friend Lopeka, owned by Jason Bowman, took Hank to Desolation Sound. I always wanted to take Hank there, but due to his heart recovery, he would not be able to handle my sails, so he went with friends on "Lopeka". At least I have the photographs to post HIS adventure.

He took little Tarkie along, my sun/rain cover and a few other odds and sods.

They left me on Friday 5:00 pm July 12, 2013... returning on July 22, 2013. I sat here for 10 days, waiting for his return!

Arriving in Lund at 8:00am
I understand the trip was mainly motoring as the winds were little to none.

Picked up food and coffee



a view from the coffee shop

Entrance to Desolation Sound
First stop in the Sound


boat parking lot for USA motor yachts!

MY jennaker flying from Topeka
 this is the you tube link for part one of Hank's trip...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2olOz9phmUc&feature=youtu.be

No comments:

Post a Comment