Total Pageviews

Friday 7 June 2013

June 01 - 07 2013 - Snug Cove - Hank recuperating after heart operation

It is now official - I am to be a power boat for at least a month or so.
Last weekend, Jason Bowman helped Hank motor me over to Snug Cove, giving Hank a change of scenery... beats sitting on the sofa watching TV during his recovery.
Converted fishing boat... nice eh!
We moored at our favorite berth... A07, parked right next to Aaron's new sailboat... a Catalina 30.
Tarka settle down for the week
We all stayed put for the entire stay at Snug Cove, Hank going for breakfast, walks, sleeps, cruising the docks, great dinners, movies. Every day was better than the previous day. By then end of the week, Hank was almost feeling back to normal.

Lots of Canadian geese at the marina; one geese family had 22 baby geese... now that is a lot!!
This is ONE family of geese

Same group - one family!
Friday, time was up and Hank had to motor home... Aaron had to "race" ahead and helped us dock.

Well, I may not be sailing, but at least I got Hank out for a week!
Water colour is due to the rivers outfall, for the snow covered mountains

Til next time...

Tarka out!



Nice wooden board walk around the marina!



1 comment:

  1. Hi Hank,
    Glad to see you are recovering. This is Ron, I was across from you in the ward May 7-11. I am sorry I didn't get a chance to say goodbye May 11, you went for a walk with Caroline, the nurse came by and asked me to vacate my area and sit in the TV room at the end of the hall so they could prep the bed for the next person. When my son came to pick me up I asked him to wheel me by your room and it appeared you were also gone from the room, I didn't see your stuff there. I will leave you my email address ron.mcouat_at_gmail.com to connect (replace _at_ with @ because of spammers). I am doing fairly well, it is slow but steady going. At this point I can walk 3 miles without problems.

    Cheers,
    Ron

    ReplyDelete