Total Pageviews

Wednesday 27 February 2013

Feb. 27, 2013 - Getting Race ready

What can I say... going to do the Southern Straits race! and I heard a rumor that we may go in the Swiftsure race this year as well.

We are all registered to race the race!

Hank is getting me race ready. The main concern at the moment is to ensure that I am well equipped to race at night, and have all the required safety equipment on board... and tested as well.
Battery operated Bow light (red/green)
Battery operate stern light (bicycle light work great!)


Catalytic heater to keep the crew warm in the cockpit
New life-sling


Man-overboard-pole - c/w strobe light, drogue, 50 ft poly rope and life ring.
Hank has purchased my new topping lift and tackle, (to be used in retrieving the person over-board). All Hank has to do now is to climb to the top of the mast and install it.

Last weekend, Hank to us on our first shake down sail, getting his crew (Jason and Alan) familiarized with my layout and sailing abilities. The winds were light, so it was a good time familiarizing with me.
Below is some pictures of the crew...

Alan behind the helm, with Jason looking on.

View from the bow, looking to the stern,
note the snow covered mountains.

Sailing into the sunset.



No comments:

Post a Comment