Total Pageviews

Saturday 22 September 2012

September 20/21 2012 - trip to Gibson

 
Well, another day in paradise...

With the great sunny days, Hank decided to take a trip to Gibson, to see his old friend Robert. But before the sail over, he has to clean my deck and cockpit. While I sat around waiting for my next adventure, I had some visitors who left me and Hank some "presents". Needless to say, before we embark on today's adventure, Hank had to hose down my deck and cockpit... otters looks cute, but their "presents" aren't.
Looking down my channel to my berth... on left side, 1/4 way down.

Looking at the ferry terminal, leaving my berth
light just leaving Horseshoe Bay
Sailing Collingwood Channel, looks at Keats Island ahead
Looking down Howe Sound, the mountain in the far rear is our destination, Gibson.
Robert getting ready for a evening out
All cleaned up now... we motor/sailed to see Robert; only wind was at Collingwood Channel. Nothing much happen on the way over... same, same.

We arrived around 4:30 pm, with Robert waiting at the Gibson's marina dock. The usual, I sat around socializing with a friend from our yacht club "Overdraft II" skipper by Dave. Hank and Robert went to the pub for beers and dinner.

The following day, we set for home, but decided to go on the outside of Bowen Island. At first the winds and waves were great! but the winds died shortly after... now only large waves, pounding my deck... not much fun. With that, Hank decided to continue on the inside of Bowen (if we are under power, why not have no waves to motor home in eh). We did have a bit of wind on the home stretch, from Hood Point to Horseshoe bay.

The super ferry was just leaving the dock at horseshoe bay... Hank found out that this was the WORST time to try and take me home... the under currents were so strong that we almost drifted sideways in my neighboring boats, and four attempts to dock. Hank need to reverse under full power just to get control.

Before Hank left me sitting and waiting for my next adventure, he decided to re-install my anti-otter fence to deter the otters from visiting again.
Friendly otter

So here I sit... waiting...

Tarka Out!


No comments:

Post a Comment