Total Pageviews

Tuesday 10 July 2012

July 8 2012 - 2nd stop... Gibson

We motor part way, then set the sails for a great ride, under one tack. cruising nicely around 6 knots.

Oh ya, forgot to mention... Hank cleaned my bottom just be before our trip. he found very nasty barnacles growing all over my hull. He cleaned them off with the pressure washer and a wooden scrapper. He found some old bottom paint from last year, but it needed to be thinned out, as it was just like paste.Only enough paint to touched up the bad spots, and concluded that I need my entire bottom repainted when we get back from vacation. The touch up was fairly good, as my bottom is as smooth as a baby's bottom (at least for now).

We arrived at Gibsons, moored in our usual spot, and greeted by our friends Robert and his new girlfriend Lana. They all went over for dinner at the waterfront diner, with drinks back aboard me (Tarka)... of course!

Next morning we had to leave a bit early to go at high tide to clear reef off Gibson.

Now set sail for across the Strait of Georgia... a 4 hour sail into open waters. Needless to say I (Tarka) was looking forward to the open seas... while Caroline and Hank had a bit of apprehension.

Sailing we go..................................




No comments:

Post a Comment